Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I agree with Bush?

Well, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that I support the president in regards to the UAE company owning US ports but...

It seems to me it doesn't matter what company owns the ports. Security has been and is the responsibility of the US Government. Any company that owned the ports would have to work with the Coast Guard and other government agencies just as the British company did.

The real problem is that Bush and the Congress are not doing anything to strengthen security at those ports. They are spending hundreds of billions on Iraq and military defense, while our ports are basically wide open.

It reminds me of Sept. 10th 2001. I was up watching PBS coverage of Sen. Joe Biden talking about Bush's missile defense program. Biden's point was that it was irresponsible to spend however many millions of dollars on missile defense that may never work when any terrorist with a boat could park a nuclear or dirty bomb in the Chesapeake bay and detonate it.

No significant changes have been made since that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home